Tailgating-A Major Cause of Car Accidents
Douglas E. Schmidt, the senior trial lawyer at the Schmidt Law Firm, has handled over 6,000 accident and injury cases in his career. That experience has led him to the following observations:
1. Drunk Driving is a major cause of injuries.
2. Cell phone usage is a really major hazard, causing severe injuries.
3. Tailgating is a major problem.
The best factor of defensive driving is that of maintaining a safe distance between your vehicle and the vehicle ahead. This is true for two separate reasons:
1. Maintaining a safe distance reduces the likelihood of colliding with the vehicle ahead.
2. Maintaining a safe distance reduces the chances of you being rear-ended. (The best protection against being rear-ended is that of having a safe distance within which to slow gradually, thus reducing the chances of being rear-ended, protecting yourself and your passengers.)
The Schmidt Law Firm, Minneapolis Car Accident Lawyers, is committed to bringing justice to the victims of personal injury and wrongful death. The Schmidt Law Firm has offices in Minneapolis, St. Paul and Minnetonka, Minnesota, with meeting sites in Shakopee, Chanhassen, Chaska, Anoka, Blaine, Plymouth, Roseville, Burnsville, Eagan, Richfield, Edina, and Eden Prairie.